Activities and Attractions
Bohinj offers numerous possibilities for spending active vacation in all seasons of the year:
- During warm months, Bohinj offers many possibilities for water sports - swimming, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, canyoning, hydrospeed.
- All cycling enthusiasts will find many possibilities for cycling in Bohinj. Various forest paths reveal the hidden parts of the valley, take us through the forests in the close vicinity of mountains and hills. You can go on your own cycling tour, or you can rent a bike and join a guided tour.
- Hiking in nature.
- Extreme and adrenaline sports like paragliding, cave exploring and adrenaline park.
- All animal lovers can visit Mrcina Ranch in Studor village, which offers riding on Iceland horses.
- In the summer, the lake is warm and perfect for swimming. During the entire year, tourists who visit Bohinj can also visit Bohinj Aquapark in Bohinjska Bistrica, which offers fun and water recreation also in bad weather and when temperatures outside are low.
- Bohinj also abounds in running waters which enable fishing; therefore it is also very popular among the fishermen.
- During the winter, skiing and snowboarding is possible on Vogel, Kobla, Soriška planina ski slopes. Amateur skiers can also ski on Senožeta ski slope in Srednja vas, cross country skiers will enjoy in skiing on trails, arranged on many locations in Bohinj valley. If temperatures are very low, the lake freezes up and skating is possible.